- New Sensor Delivers 5K Video, 20MP Photos and HyperSmooth 3.0 Video Stabilization
- New Front-Facing Display, Larger Rear-Display and 30% Longer Battery Life
- Max Lens Mod Accessory Brings Max HyperSmooth and Ultra Wide-Angle Max SuperView to HERO9 Black
GoPro, Inc. has announced its new camera, HERO9 Black—featuring “more everything”—including a new sensor that delivers 5K video and 20 megapixel photos, next-generation HyperSmooth 3.0 video stabilization with in-camera horizon leveling, a new front-facing display, a larger rear display, 30% more battery life, and a Max Lens Mod accessory that brings Max HyperSmooth video stabilization and Max SuperView ultra wide-angle photo and video to HERO9 Black.
HERO9 Black is available in Australia starting today through GoPro.com and select retailers for RRP AUD$699.95.
GoPro also shared that it has updated the name of its GoPro Plus subscription offering to simply GoPro, reflecting how central the subscription service has become to the brand’s product experience.
“HERO9 Black reflects our commitment to delivering what our customers have been asking for, including more value for their money,” said Nicholas Woodman, GoPro’s founder and CEO. “HERO9 Black is a beast of a product, and GoPro subscribers can get an exclusive offer at GoPro.com while also enjoying unlimited cloud storage of their GoPro footage, up to 50% on everything at GoPro.com and no-questions-asked camera replacement. And we’re not done, with more value adds coming to GoPro subscribers later this year.”
GoPro has also eliminated plastic from HERO9 Black’s packaging and added value by packaging the camera in a high-quality travel case that fits additional mounts and accessories.
“Reducing as much plastic as possible from our business is a priority for us,” said Woodman. “We’re excited to package HERO9 Black in a high-value travel case instead of traditional wasteful packaging, and we’re committed to doing the same with the rest of our cameras by the end of 2021.”
HERO9 Black Features:
- New Image Sensor
- Video: 5K30, 4K60, 2.7K120, 1440p120, 1080p240 and more
- Photo: 20MP
- New 1.4” front color display with live preview and status modes
- Larger 2.27” rear touch display with touch zoom
- 30% more battery life than HERO8 Black with improved cold weather performance
- Removable, rechargeable battery
- HyperSmooth 3.0 with in-camera horizon leveling
- TimeWarp 3.0 featuring Real Speed and Half Speed
- 1080p Live Streaming
- 1080p Webcam mode
- Power Tools: HindSight, LiveBurst, Scheduled Capture and Duration Capture
- SuperPhoto + HDR Night lapse video
- RAW photos
- Digital lenses
- Voice control with 14 commands in 11 languages + 6 accents
- 3 microphones with advanced wind-noise reduction
- Stereo + RAW audio
- Larger speaker for improved audio playback
- Removable lens cover
- Built-in folding mounting fingers
- Rugged + waterproof to 33ft (10m)
- Compatible with Max Lens Mod, Light Mod, Display Mod and Media Mod for HERO9 Black
Introducing the Max Lens Mod for HERO9 Black
The all-new Max Lens Mod (AUD $159.95) brings unbreakable Max HyperSmooth video stabilization and low-distortion, ultra-wide Max SuperView to HERO9 Black at up to 2.7K60 resolution. Max Lens Mod also allows for horizon lock even when the camera is rotated a full 360°. This enables mind blowing creative versatility for social media producers, film and television professionals and weekend warriors, alike.
HERO9 Black-compatible Mods also include the Media Mod for HERO9 Black (AUD$129.95), now with a removable foam windscreen; Display Mod (AUD$129.95); and Light Mod (AUD$84.95).
Max Lens Mod will be available globally starting October 2020. The Media Mod for HERO9 Black and Display Mod will be available starting Sept. 17. The Light Mod is currently available on GoPro.com as well as at select retailers.