Hanwha Techwin has launched a new NDAA-compliant Wisenet X Series range of cameras with built-in artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities.
The new product range, consisting of 28 cameras, expands the options available to operators looking to enhance their video surveillance with deep learning, helping them reduce false alarms and work more efficiently. Further, AI capabilities on the edge support operators with detecting objects like people, faces, vehicles and licence plates.
Video analytics that are based on deep learning AI
Utilising deep learning, cameras are better able to meet the needs of today’s operators.AI embedded in the X-series range is making video more manageable, notifying operators about events when needed, enabling them to find relevant events and objects quickly through forensic search, and assisting with wider business intelligence.
Accurate object detection and classification enables operators to quickly identify people, faces, number plates, and vehicle types including cars, trucks, buses, and bicycles. This offers more situational awareness and context to an event. Irrelevant motions such as waving trees, moving shadows and animals are ignored, all of which would usually be the cause of false alarms with standard motion detection technology. Therefore operators can better focus on responding to real incidents and emergencies.
AI-based analytics aren’t just for security, either. They also bring a wealth of actionable data to operations, marketing and sales departments. With AI-based object detection, businesses can obtain highly accurate people counts, queue management data and heat maps showing detailed patterns of behaviour. Intrusion detection and loitering are also available in the range and it is complemented by virtual channel support that allows operators to simultaneously record and monitor areas of a scene as well as the whole scene.
Enhanced image quality
Alongside this, WiseNRII noise reduction technology utilises AI to identify object movement and reduce blur in noisy, low light environments. Extreme WDR uses scene analysis technology to reduce motion artefacts providing clear images even in strong backlight conditions, while WiseIR adjusts the output of infrared illumination according to a camera’s zoom magnification. WiseStreamIII minimises bandwidth and storage, compressing all video except objects and areas of interest. This enables operators to focus on only the objects and areas that need their attention, with optimum image quality, at a minimised bandwidth and with lower storage requirements.
Reinforced durability for consistent performance
The range offers dome, vandal dome, bullet, and box camera options with each device featuring metal outers and, in the case of dome cameras, highly resistant dome bubbles. This extends the lifetime of each camera and ensures images are not distorted by scratches on the lens. A gore valve enables water vapour to drain out one way to prevent moisture build-up and damage.
Power redundancy is provided through a combination of POE and 12v DC power with the latter being the default power supply. This provides continuous surveillance in the event of power failure.
X Core versus X PLUS
The new AI-enhanced X-series range is divided into X-core and X-plus cameras with the X-plus range offering a modular magnetic design to simplify installation, support for up to 120fps for smooth motion capture, greater IR illumination distance, tilt angle and some additional features and mounts. The X-plus also comes with tele focal length so operators can zoom into a scene with a 29mm angle of view to see greater details.
The full range of Wisenet X series AI cameras is as follows:
X PLUS MODELS
- 2MP AI IR Dome Camera – XND-6083RV
- 2MP AI IR Vandal Dome Camera – XNV-6083R
- 2MP AI IR Vandal Dome Zoom Camera – XNV-6123R
- 6MP AI IR Dome Camera – XND-8083RV
- 6MP AI IR Dome Camera – XND-8093RV
- 6MP AI IR Vandal Dome Camera – XNV-8083R
- 6MP AI IR Vandal Dome Camera – XNV-8093R
- 4K AI IR Dome Camera – XND-9083RV
- 4K AI IR Vandal Dome Camera – XNV-9083R
- 2MP AI Bullet Zoom Camera – XNO-6123R
- 2MP AI Box Camera – XNB-6003
- 2MP AI IR Bullet Camera – XNO-6083R
- 6MP AI Box Camera – XNB-8003
- 6MP AI IR Bullet Camera – XNO-8083R
- 4K AI IR Bullet Camera – XNO-9083R
- 4K AI Box Camera – XNB-9003
X CORE MODELS
- 2MP AI IR Bullet Camera – XNO-C6083R
- 4MP AI IR Bullet Camera – XNO-C7083R
- 6MP AI IR Bullet Camera – XNO-C8083R
- 4K AI IR Bullet Camera – XNO-C9083R
- 2MP AI IR Vandal Dome Camera – XNV-C6083R
- 4MP AI IR Vandal Dome Camera – XNV-C7083R
- 6MP AI IR Vandal Dome Camera – XNV-C8083R
- 4K AI IR Vandal Dome Camera – XNV-C9083R
- 4MP AI IR Dome Camera – XND-C7083RV
- 6MP AI IR Dome Camera – XND-C8083RV
- 4K AI IR Dome Camera – XND-C9083RV